This page's content is sourced from the JSHint project repository. If you spot an error, please open an issue or (better yet) make a pull request!
Download and install
JSHint runs in a number of different environments; installation is different
A standalone files is built for browser-like environments with every release.
You'll find it in the
dist directory of the download. Download the latest
engine with every release. You'll find it in
dist directory of the download. Download the latest release
Each release of JSHint is published to npm, the package
manager for the Node.js platform.
You may install it globally using the following command:
npm install -g jshint
After this, you can use the
jshint command-line interface.
It is common to install JSHint as a development dependency within an existing
npm install --save-dev jshint
Plugins for text editors and IDEs
- jshint.vim, VIM plugin and command line
tool for running JSHint.
- jshint2.vim, modern VIM plugin with
extra features for running JSHint.
supports JSHint both older/newer than 1.1.0.
- jshint-mode, JSHint mode for GNU
- Flycheck, on-the-fly syntax checking
extension for GNU Emacs, built-in JSHint support.
- web-mode, an autonomous major-mode for editing web templates
Other cool stuff
- JSHintr is a web tool that allows you to
set your own code standards, easily review a file against these standards, and
share the output with other developers.
- FixMyJS is a tool that automatically fixes
mistakes—such as missing semicolon, multiple definitions, etc.—reported by
- A ruby gem for JSHint.
- Another ruby gem but without Java
- pre-commit checks your code for errors
before you commit it.
- Dedicated Ant task to easily
automate JSHint in Ant Maven.
- QHint - JSHint in QUnit. Check for errors in
your code from within your unit tests. Lint errors result in failed tests.
projects, supports JSHint out of the box.
- overcommit is an extensible Git hook
manager with built-in JSHint linting, distributed as a Ruby gem. Read
- jshint-mojo, a plugin for Maven.
- JSXHint, a wrapper around JSHint to allow
linting of files containing JSX syntax.